Working from home has become mandatory for mostly all of us amidst this global pandemic caused by the Coronavirus outbreak, and almost everyone is spending more number of hours in front of a screen either for work or entertainment. Even according to several studies, people are spending an average of 40% more time using their phones – which is harmful to the eyes. So, the best eye specialist in Gurgaon, it is best that you give yourself some break from looking at the screen in between. This will not only keep your eyes healthy but will also improve your mental state!
So, the best retina doctor in Gurgaon has curated a list of 6 tips to help you keep your eyes healthy and safe while working from home. Here it goes:
1. Be in proper position while in front of Monitor: It is best to be at an arm’s distance such that you do not put any unnecessary strain on your eyes. Also, the best position will be if your eyes meet the top level of the monitor – which will not put any pressure on your eyes, arms, or neck.
2. 20-20-20 rule: Eye specialist for kids suggests that you should break away from the screen every 20 minutes for 20 seconds and look at something that is 20 feet away. Read this article to know more about the rule to keep your eyes healthy.
3. Adjust Screen Brightness & Contrast: We, at Viaan Eye and Retina Centre, will recommend that if you are in a dark room, it is best to use your screen in low brightness and vice versa. This will not put pressure on your eyes while adjusting to the brightness of your surroundings – and enable you to look at an ambience that is soothing to your eyes.
4. Minimize glare from your Screen: You must wear any anti-glare glasses or have an anti-glare protector or matt screen to reduce/minimize the glare reflecting from the screen in your eyes. This will not only help improve concentration but will also not miserable.
5. Have a Healthy Diet: One must have a healthy and nutritional diet as it plays an essential role in maintaining eye health. Your diet must include green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, asparagus, as well as legumes, nuts, and beans, which will keep your eyes healthy at every age.
6. Don’t forget to blink: Every doctor recommends that we must frequently blink because when we are deeply involved in our work, we forget to blink! If we don’t blink often, we get dry eyes, and a lot of people are also complaining about eye dryness. Blinking frequently during the day helps lubricate and moistens the eyes. So, whenever during the day you are working in front of your monitor, make a conscious effort to blink to lubricate your eyes.
Viaan Eye and Retina Centre is the leading eye clinic in Gurgaon that offers eye care services from consulting to Lasik eye surgery. Dr. Neeraj Sanduja is amongst the top retina eye specialist across the country and is sought for eye surgeries from around the world.